Exchange / Market
Cliffs Natural Resources specializes in operating mines and exploiting natural resources. Net sales break down by activity as follows:
- production of iron ore granules in North America (65.7%; North American No.1): owns, at the end of 2008, 6 mines located in the United States (5) and Canada;
- production of iron ore in Asia-Pacific (21.3%): operating through 2 mines located in Australia;
- production of coal in North America (9.6%): owns 2 coal mines in the United States;
- other (3.4%): primarily operation of a coal mine in Australia and an iron mine in Brazil.
- Geographically, net sales are distributed as follows: the United States (44.8%), China (21.4%), Canada (15.9%), Japan (7.3%) and other (10.6%).
Direct trading procedure
Initial Public offering
- Number of securities to be listed: 134,623,528 - Reference price: closing price of the share Cliffs Natural Resources on 3 April 2009 on the NYSE, converted in EUR on the basis of EUR/USD exchange rate of 3 April 2009.
Admission on Euronext Paris the 134,623,528 existing shares representing the issued capital of CLIFFS Natural Resources.
6 April 2009: the shares will be listed on the professional compartment of Euronext